The New Mexico LEEP application cycle is open for 6 weeks each spring, typically early March through mid-April. Pre-apply to get notified when we open our 2023 applications for Cohort 3. Learn about New Mexico LEEP’s selection criteria, application process and dates, eligibility, and upcoming informational webinar. View the Cohort selection timeline.
MARCH, 2023 TBA
MARCH, 2023 TBA
APRIL, 2023 TBA
The LEEP Info Webinar was hosted on March 30, 2022. Watch it here to learn more about the New Mexico LEEP program, what we look for in an application, how to submit a strong application, the rigorous evaluation process and timelines, and the Q&A session at the end.
- An application or product idea that fits into one or more of our 5 technology areas:
advanced materials, AI & advanced computing, biotechnology, space systems, or energy transition.
- Intention to transition your technology into a product.
- Early customer discovery and interest in your solution.
- Ability to commit to New Mexico LEEP for two years.
- Relocate to New Mexico for the two-year program duration or longer.
- Recommended that your technology development matches with New Mexico’s national laboratory expertise. Contact us to if you need help discovering which capabilities and focus areas match your innovations.
Application Dates 2023 (TBA)
MARCH , 2023
2022 Selection Timeline
- April 25, 2022: Applications Close
Deadline for our annual application cycle.
- June 20-July 1, 2022: Virtual Interviews Scheduling
Applicants are interviewed by a panel of staff, advisors and subject matter experts.
- July 12-August 29, 2022: Alignment Workshop/Semi-Final Scheduling
Selected applicants are paired with national laboratory researchers to determine synergy for collaboration.
- September 12-13, 2022: Final Pitch Days
Finalists present to our Strategic Leadership Council, reviewers, and staff for final selection.
- Fall, 2022: New Mexico LEEP Cohorts Announced
Announcement includes press release, bios and project description.
- January, 2023: Fellows Onboarding
All new Fellows are onsite in northern New Mexico.